Anywhere in the world, trees are the most respected plant forms to ever exist. Trees deserve such amount of respect due to the various benefits that they provide to our planet. As such, a lot of nature conservationist groups and government authorities do their best to preserve them.
No matter what reason you may have for deciding to cut down a tree, you might want to try out trimming the tree first. For all we know, tree trimming might be the answer you’re looking for.
However, trimming a tree is not for everyone. It is best that you leave this tree trimming or pruning job to the licensed tree professionals in your area. If you’re still unconvinced, check out some of the reasons why tree removal in Mount Pleasant SC or pruning shouldn’t be done the DIY way.
- Tree trimming is a dangerous job to do.
The US Census Bureau includes tree trimming in Mount Pleasant SC their list of the most dangerous jobs in the US. This job is already hazardous for the licensed professionals, how much more for the amateurs, right?
What makes trimming a tree dangerous?
- Use of sharp tools (handsaws, chainsaws, etc.) at elevated heights (use of ladders)
- Manual labor
- Difficulty in distinguishing a healthy branch from a rotten one
- Need to use special equipment for safety (harnesses, bucket trucks, professional ladders, etc.)
- Improper or poor pruning could cause future damage and hazard.
- Improper pruning weakens the tree, causing more danger.
- Improper pruning can also cause the tree to become deformed or develop a disease.
- DIY pruning is more prone to mistakes.
Arborists (tree professionals) properly assess, plan and execute the pruning process without causing damage to property.
More often than not, DIY pruners make the following mistakes.
- Use of dull tools
- Not sanitizing the tools to be used
- Over lifting
- Over pruning
- Flush cutting
To avoid incurring mistakes and potential hazards, it is best to leave this task to the professionals.